Are you looking for a solution to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files? Here you get the manual as well as the automated way to perform the conversion.
Manual Method of NSF to PST Conversion
This method is helpful only when you are a technical person, and has both Lotus Notes and Outlook installed on the same machine or different machines. This process can be accomplished in two steps, as listed below.
This step will be performed in Lotus Notes, so start the PC that has IBM Lotus Notes installed, and then execute the below steps:
1. Start Lotus Notes.
2. Select File > Export. You will see the “Export Wizard” screen.
3. Select a location where you want to export data of your NSF file.
4. Select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text option in Save as type field.
5. You will see a dialog box. Select all required options and click the OK button.
6. Give a name to the file being exported.
7. Click the Export button
After the file has been exported into the selected format, perform Step 2 of the process.
This step will be performed in MS Outlook, so start the PC that has Microsoft Outlook installed, and then execute the below steps:
1. Start MS Outlook.
2. Select File > Import. You will see the “Import and Export Wizard.”
3. Select the Import from another program or file option.
4. Click the Next button.
5. Select the Comma Separated values (Windows) option.
6. Go to the location where you have saved the exported NSF file.
7. Select the file.
8. Select the Replace duplicates with item imported check box.
9. Select a folder in which you want to import the data.
10. Click the Next button. The import process will start. It may take a few minutes depending upon the size of the file you are importing.
11. Click the Finish button after the import is completed.
This is how you can convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files without investing even a single penny. But, this method is not recommended.
Why Manual NSF to PST is not suggested?
The manual method has several limitations. First, it is valid only for technical people. Second, it is a lengthy process. Third, it is applicable only when you need to export and import a small file only. It does work well with large NSF to Outlook PST file conversion. Fourth, it does not work if NSF file is corrupt.
So, you should always go ahead with an automated tool rather than the manual process.
The automated process involves the use of a software called convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST files. It is a genuine and the most preferred method, as you just need to install the software, select the NSF file, and save it as a PST file. You can then import the PST file to your MS Outlook. That’s all you need to do. To get more information about the software, visit: http://www.filesrecoverypro.com/nsf-to-pst-converter.html