Depending on your requirement, you may need to access the emails stored in your Mbox file using MS Outlook. However, it can only be done when you can convert Mbox to PST, and in this article, we are going to describe the process of converting Mbox to PST manually.
Follow the below procedure to convert Mbox to PST manually:
Part 1 – To be done in Thunderbird Email Client or any other email client that created Mbox file:
1. Start your mailbox client that creates Mbox file. For example, Thunderbird email.
2. Go to the Inbox folder or Mbox folder.
3. Now, select the emails that you want to open through Microsoft Outlook.
4. To select multiple emails, press SHIFT + Click.
5. If you want to select all emails, just click anywhere and press CTRL + A.
6. Right-click on the mouse and select Save As.
7. Go to a preferred location, create a new folder, and save the selected emails in that folder.
Part 2 – To be executed in MS Outlook:
1. Start Microsoft Outlook.
2. Select Files > Account Settings.
3. Select the Data Files tab.
4. Click Add.
5. Select Outlook data file (.pst) option and click Ok.
6. Go to a preferred location, create a new folder, give a name to the PST file you are creating, and click the OK button.
7. Now in MS Outlook, select the newly created PST file.
8. Now, go to the location where you have created a folder in Part 1 of this tutorial.
9. Select all the emails saved there and drag them in the newly created PST file. Once all the emails are moved, the process is completed.
10. If you want, you can now move these emails from the newly created PST to the Inbox of an existing PST file.
So, this is the manual process using which you can convert Mbox to PST. This process is simple but will work only when you have both Thunderbird and Outlook installed on the same machine. Moreover, it is perfect when you want to move only some selected emails. You cannot use this method for contacts, notes, etc. Moreover, it demands an enormous time as the whole process needs to be done manually. To know more details visit here: http://www.filesrecoverypro.com/mbox-to-pst-converter.html