The Error 0x800ccc0f is one of the many errors that may annoy you anytime. This error occurs in Microsoft Outlook due to several reasons, but it is easy to fix, so need not to worry about. You will not have to lose your important emails. In this article, we will see how to fix MS Outlook error Error 0x800ccc0f. This error occurs during the Send/Receive function in SMTP based Outlook connection. And, the exact error message is as below:
Task ‘Outlook email server ABC – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800ccc0f): ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If face this problem continues, contact the administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
In the above error, Outlook email server ABC is the name of the server, which is responsible for connecting you to the world via Outlook emails.
Reasons due to which Outlook displays the Error 0x800ccc0f
There can be many reasons that often force Outlook to display the Error 0x800ccc0f. Listed below are some of the well-known reasons:
- Outlook PST has been stored on a network drive, and the connection of network drive with your PC has been broken
- Internet connectivity issue also leads into the error
- If your firewall settings are configured to block MS Outlook, you may get the aforementioned error as well
- Problem at the server end can also be a reason for the error
- An anti-virus may also cause this issue
- Last but not the least reason is the corruption of Outlook PST file.
Ways to fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
Based on the reasons behind the error, you may need to perform an action in a systematic way to fix the Outlook PST issue so that the aforementioned error can be fixed easily. Here are the steps to fix the issue:
- Check the Internet or network connection, and if something is wrong, fix it immediately.
- Check the firewall settings to ensure that it is not blocking MS Outlook.
- Contact the server administrator to ensure that everything is fine at the server end.
- Disable the anti-virus for some time and see if the error has been fixed.
- If none of the above options work, then the most probable reason behind the error is the Outlook PST has been corrupt.
You can repair the Outlook PST file using scanpst.exe or a professional PST repair tool. Try the scanpst.exe first, and if it does not deliver the best results, go ahead with a professional Outlook PST Repair tool. Visit here: http://www.filesrecoverypro.com/outlook-pst-recovery.html